Vegan Chick’n a la King
Servings: 4 Servings
- 8 oz Baby Bella mushrooms chopped into small pieces and washed in a colander
- 1/4 red or yellow onion chopped finely
- 1 cup mixed frozen vegetables carrots, peas, green beans, and corn
- 3/4 cup Soy Curls (small pieces from closer to the bottom of the bag)
- 2 cups low-sodium or salt-free vegetable broth
- 1 T Better-than-Bouillion NO CHICKEN broth base
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened soy milk or other UNSWEETENED plant-based milk
- 1/3 cup potato starch this is like a flour made from potatoes
- 1/2 cup cold water or broth
- salt to taste
- In a very large skillet, cook the mushrooms and onions until tender.
- Mix potato starch with 1/2 cup of cold water or broth. Whisk together to combine well. Add to the skillet and increase the heat to thicken.
- Taste and add salt to taste IF NEEDED. Add more broth if the sauce is too thick.
- Serve over biscuits. We light Shane and Simple's biscuit recipe the best!
Disclosure: Mrs. Plant makes use of Amazon.com affiliate links when they are available. These are products I have personally purchased and recommend based on my experience with them. Your use of these links for product purchases provides me with a commission which pays for the food and supplies I use to keep this website alive. However, your use of these links as a reader is not required.