Jump to Recipe
Refrigerator Garlicky Dill Pickles
These delightful garlicky dill pickles are ready in only 3 days!
- 2 quart-sized Mason jars washed and dried in the dishwasher
- 2 cups white vinegar
- 2 cups filtered water
- 2 1/2 T pickling/canning salt this prevents the water from becoming cloudy
- 1/2 t white sugar
- 8-10 Kirby or Persian cucumbers washed, dried, and cut into chunks
- 4 cloves of garlic sliced in half lengthwise
- 4 sprigs of fresh dill
- red pepper flakes optional, if you like your pickles spicy
Place the vinegar, water, salt, and sugar in a saucepan. Bring to a boil. When salt and sugar are dissolved, turn the heat off and let the mixture cool.
Place 1/2 of the garlic, dill, and pepper flakes (if using) in the bottom of each your jars. Pack in the cucumber pieces into each jar, almost to the top. Fill the jars with the cooled vinegar mixture, covering all of the cukes and over them by 1/4 inch. Cover the jars and put a date on the top (so you know when you made and packed them). Store in the refrigerator. Lightly swirls the jars once daily. The pickles should be ready to start eating in 3 or more days.