Tofu “Fish” Sticks
My son and daughter-in-law said my grandson likes Gardein fish sticks and tofu. So, I thought I'd try to combine those ideas into a more whole foods version of "fish" sticks. These are hubby approved, too!
- Convection Oven or Air Fryer
- 1 block extra-firm tofu pressed and dried well
- 1/2 cup unsweetened non-dairy milk
- 2 t apple cider or white vinegar
- 1/2 c Panko bread crumbs
- 1 sheet Nori ripped into smaller pieces
- 1/4 t salt or more to taste
- ketchup or sweet chili sauce for dipping (optional)
- Preheat convection oven or air fryer to 375 degrees.
- Cut the tofu into blocks the length of the width of the block of tofu. Set aside.
- In a bowl, stir together plant-based milk with the vinegar, then set aside for 10 minutes until thickened.
- In a cup blender or small food processor, whiz the Nori, bread crumbs, and salt into fine crumbs. Remove to a shallow bowl.
- Dip each block of tofu into the milk/vinegar mixture, then drop onto the crumbs mixture. Use a spoon to toss crumbs over the block and a tongs to remove coated tofu block onto a parchment paper-lined baking sheet or air fryer pan.
- Bake or air fry for 30 minutes, or until crispy on the outside and firm on the inside.
- Serve with ketchup, if desired.