Kale Waldorf Salad
This salad is seriously one of the best I've EVER tasted! I love the combination of crispy and sweet (but NO SUGAR OR SWEETENERS added other than fruit!) with the kale. FABULOUS. Add some pizazz and make this salad with my Curried Maple Walnuts instead!
- 1 bunch lacinato kale chopped (or you can replace this with Romaine or other lettuce)
- 1 Fuji apple chopped and divided in half
- 2 stalks celery chopped
- 2 T walnuts chopped
- 1/4 cup raisins or apple juice-sweetened dried cranberries
- Other 1/2 of apple listed above
- 1-2 medjool dates pitted
- 2 T dijon mustard
- 1 T red wine vinegar
- 2 or more T water
- 1/8 t salt
- In a large bowl, toss the kale, 1/2 diced apple, walnuts, celery, and raisins (or dried cranberries) until well combined.
- In a cup blender, blend the other half of the apple with the dates, mustard, vinegar, water, and salt to make the dressing. Pour the dressing over the salad and toss well to combine. Serve!