Cinnamon Raisin Oatmeal Breakfast Cookie
NOTE: You can leave out the cinnamon and replace the raisins with a small amount of vegan chocolate chips.
Servings: 1 cookie
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 T ground flaxseed
- 1/4 t baking powder
- 1/4 t Ceylon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce I buy those little cups and use 1/2 of the cup and save the rest for the next day
- 1/3 + 1 T non-dairy milk or more if it’s too dry
- 2 walnut halves chopped (optional)
- 1 T raisins
- Preheat oven or toaster oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix all ingredients together in a ramekin or very small bowl.
- Microwave on high for 3 minutes.
- Carefully (with a potholder), dump the oatmeal onto a square of parchment paper.
- Press out into a 5-inch circle. You can spread it a little bigger (thinner) for a crispier cookie.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until crispy on top and firm-ish.
Wow…I never heard about this combination..sounds so delicious
It would also be delicious adding a little powdered cardamom. I am going to do a test soon!