Oil-Free Roasted Cashew Cauliflower
NOTE: If you don't want to pre-steam the cauliflower florets beforehand, just toss them RAW in the sauce and bake at 375 degrees for about 35-40 minutes until just fork tender. You don't have to pre-steam the cauliflower, but it makes for a more tender result.
- 1 large head of Cauliflower cut into florets
- 1/2 cup natural or homemade cashew butter (no salt, oil, or sugar added)
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 1/2 tsp salt
- ½ t. ginger powder
- 1 t. curry powder
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- (OPTIONAL STEP–See NOTE at the top of the recipe) Steam cauliflower florets in the Instant Pot for 1 min with quick release. Release steam, open the lid, and let cool slightly.
- While the cauliflower is steaming, mix cashew butter, water, salt and ginger (or curry powder) in a small bowl until well combined.
- Place cauliflower in a large bowl with the cashew butter mixture, and stir to coat every piece well.
- Place coated cauliflower directly on large, metal cookie sheet (17×12) with sides (or on non-stick foil or parchment paper).
- Bake for about 15-20 minutes until cauliflower is just fork tender.