Maple-Curry Sweet Potato Croutons
These are are wonderful oil-free alternative to greasy, highly processed croutons you buy in the grocery store and have an INCREDIBLE flavor in salads!
- 3 white-fleshed sweet potatoes, like Murasaki, Japanese, or Hannah Baked and chilled in the fridge UNCOVERED for a day in their skin
- 1 t maple syrup
- 1/2 t yellow curry powder
- Bake the sweet potatoes in the oven the day before at 400 degrees for bout 1 hour and 15 minutes. Do not peel them. Chill them UNCOVERED in the fridge for at least a day.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F
- Remove skin from the chilled potatoes and dice into bite-sized cubes.
- In a bowl, add the maple syrup and curry powder and mix well to combine.
- Place on parchment paper-line baking tray and bake until the cubes are crispy. Keep your eye on them. They can take 30 minutes to an hour depending on how much moisture is in the potatoes. Serve right out of the oven!