Herbed Mushroom Gravy
This oil-free gravy is gluten-free, oil-free, and vegan! It is absolutely delicious over mashed potatoes.
- 24 oz Baby Bella mushrooms sliced
- 1 small onion diced finely
- 3 cloves of garlic minced or crushed
- 1 t dried rosemary short-cut
- 1 pinch of thyme
- 3/4-1 t salt
- black pepper to taste
- 2 dashes Liquid Smoke
- 1 t Kitchen Bouquet optional, for color only
- 1 T cornstarch + 1 T cold water mix together and set aside
- Cook the onion in a non-stick skillet with a little water over med-high heat until translucent and tender. Add the mushrooms, garlic, liquid smoke, rosemary, and thyme and COVER. Cook for about 5-6 minutes until the mushrooms are cooked down and tender. There should be quite a bit of liquid, which is good. Don’t try to cook off the excess. Add the salt, pepper, and kitchen bought and stir well. Mix up the cornstarch and cold water and stir in to thicken. Add ore salt and pepper to taste.