Baked Blueberry Banana Nut Oatmeal
NOTE: It is important to use previously frozen and defrosted ripe bananas in this and not just ripe fresh ones. This recipe is gluten-free, refined sugar-free, and vegan!
- 2 cups Gluten-Free rolled oats
- Boiling water
- 1 Medjool date chopped
- 2 frozen ripe bananas defrosted and mashed well
- 2 cups frozen blueberries defrosted
- 2 T chopped walnuts
- 2 T sliced almonds
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a square baking dish (9×9), pour the oats in and level them out. Sprinkle the chopped date evenly over the oats. Pour boiling water over the oats/chopped date, just enough to barely cover them. Let sit for 10 minutes. Mix together the mashed bananas and blueberries. Stir them into the oat mixture along with the chopped walnuts until well combined. Top with sliced almonds. Bake for 35 minutes. Allow to cool before refrigerating. Reheat individual servings in microwave or toaster oven.