Creamy Potato Lentil Soup
This truly decadent, nutrient-loaded soup is one of my husband's favorites. A friend shared the recipe with me, not remembering the source where it came from. I have modified it some anyway, but I do wish I could give credit because it's really stunning!!NOTE: This soup freezes and reheats REALLY well!
- Pressure Cooker
- SOUP BASE:
- 1 yellow onion diced
- 1 stalk celery finely diced
- 1 carrot finely diced
- 5 cloves garlic minced
- 3 cups vegetable broth more if needed
- 2/3 cup dry green or brown lentils rinsed and drained
- 2 medium red or yellow potatoes peeled and small diced
- 1/8 t black pepper
- 2 cups chopped fresh spinach
- CREAMY BASE:
- 1/2 cup raw cashews
- 2 medium red or yellow potatoes peeled and boiled for 15-20 minutes until soft
- 15-oz can cannellini beans drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 T fresh lemon juice
- 1 t salt
- 3/4 cup water
- In the Instant Pot, steamfry the onion, celery, and carrots with a little water or vegetable broth for about 5-6 minutes or until onions are translucent. Add garlic, veggie broth, lentils, potatoes, and black pepper. Cook on high pressure for 12 minutes with NATURAL release. Open the lid and stir in the chopped spinach.
- While the soup is cooking, boil the potatoes for the sauce. Then, blend the ingredients for the creamy soup base (boiled potatoes, cashews, Cannellini beans, lemon juice, and broth or water) until smooth in a high-speed blender. Pour the sauce into the soup mixture and stir well to combine. Add salt to taste. Add more black pepper if desired. If the soup is too thick for your taste, add more broth.