Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins
NOTE: I have found THE BEST baking pans by USA pan. These muffins literally fall out of the cups–even though I don't use any oil! This recipe is oil-free, dairy-free, egg-free, vegan!
Servings: 8 muffins
- Non-stick muffin pan
- 1 cup oat flour finely ground
- 1 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1 scant t baking soda
- 1/4 t salt
- 2 very ripe bananas
- 5 soft and gooey Medjool dates pitted
- 2 t non-alcoholic vanilla extract
- 1 T creamy almond butter no salt, oil, or sugar added
- 1/2 cup non-dairy, plant-based milk
- 1/4 cup vegan chocolate chips plus 24 extra chips to decorate the tops of the muffins
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a blender, blend the bananas, dates, vanilla, almond butter, and plant-based milk until smooth and creamy. In a medium-size mixing bowl, add the flours, baking soda, and salt. Whisk to combine well. Stir in the wet mixture until just combined. Do not overmix. Fold in the 1/4 cup of vegan chocolate chips. Fill 8 muffin cups with the batter. Top with 3 extra chocolate chips per muffin.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes.
Disclosure: Mrs. Plant makes use of Amazon.com affiliate links when they are available. These are products I have personally purchased and recommend based on my experience with them. Your use of these links for product purchases provides me with a commission which pays for the food and supplies I use to keep this website alive. However, your use of these links as a reader is not required.