Sweet Potato Drop Biscuits
NOTE: You will want to double this recipe if you have a husband like mine!
- 1 cup cooked and cooled sweet potato
- 1 T maple syrup coconut nectar, or agave
- 3 T tahini a good, runny tahini works best!
- 1 t apple cider vinegar
- 1 T water
- 1/2 t salt
- 2 t baking powder
- 1 cup white whole wheat flour or whole wheat pastry flour
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix the wet ingredients in one bowl and the dry in a bit larger one.
- Fold the wet mixture into the dry with a silicone spatula, adding a bit of cold water to make sure the dry ingredients are completely moistened. Lightly knead, but do not overmix.
- Drop 2 T of batter mixture onto parchment paper-lined pan and bake for 18-20 minutes, or until lightly browned and firm to the touch.