Buffalo Tempeh Roasted Veggie Toasted Sandwich
Occasionally, we LOVE having toasted sandwiches as a meal. This is one of our absolute favorites!
- Toaster Oven or Toaster
- 1 pkg organic tempeh sliced into 1/4-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup Lousisiana Hot Sauce or Frank's Hot sauce
- 2-3 T non-dairy milk more if you want it less spicy
- 1 red bell pepper cut into 4 big pieces
- 1/4 cup oil-free hummus
- 1 small avocado
- sliced tomatoes
- sliced onions
- baby spinach
- 4 slices of your favorite whole grain bread
- Pour the hot sauce and non-dairy milk into a shallow pie plate. Stir to combine. Place pieces of tempeh into the Buffalo sauce mixture, turning over to coat both sides. Set aside.
- On non-stick foil in the oven, roast the red bell pepper pieces and sliced onions at 400 degrees for 15 minutes. Set aside. Reduce the oven to 375 degrees.
- Place the Buffalo-marinated tempeh on baking sheet lined with parchment paper or non-stick foil and bake for about 20 minutes.
- While the tempeh is baking, mash the avocado and hummus together in a bowl. Season it, if you like.
- Toast the bread.
- Spread avocado/hummus mixture on toast, add the baked Buffalo tempeh and veggies!