Sun-Dried Tomato Spinach Mushroom Pasta Alfredo
[Gluten-free, dairy-free, oil-free, vegan]
- High-Speed Blender
- 8 oz Baby Bella or Cremini Mushrooms sliced
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes (dry, not in oil) soaked for 30 minutes, drained, and chopped
- 2-3 cups baby spinach
- 3/4 cup RAW cashews (soak in water a few hours if you don't have a high-speed blender)
- 1 T nutritional yeast flakes
- 1 T fresh lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2-3/4 t salt start with 1/2 t and add more if needed
- 4 oz dry, whole grain pasta (I like to use Tinkyada brown rice penne for this recipe)
- In a large skillet, saute the mushrooms over medium-high heat for about 5 minutes.
- Add in the spinach and sun-dried tomatoes and cook another 5 minutes or until the spinach is tender. Add a tablespoon or 2 of water if needed to prevent sticking. Turn the heat to low.
- While you are cooking the veggies, begin cooking the pasta according to package directions. When finished, drain, and set aside.
- While pasta is cooking, make the sauce. Add the cashews, nutritional yeast flakes, lemon juice, garlic, water, and salt to a high-speed blender, and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Add the pasta and sauce to the cooked veggies and warm through. Serve!