Sun-Dried Tomato Spinach Mushroom Pasta Alfredo
[Gluten-free, dairy-free, oil-free, vegan]NOTE: Instead of sauteing the veggies, you can actually throw in the sliced mushrooms and spinach right in the pasta cooking pot during the last two minutes of cooking it. Strain everything together and pop it back in the pot with the sun-dried tomatoes and sauce, and cook for another 2 minutes on low before serving it.
- High-Speed Blender
- 5-6 oz dry, whole grain pasta (I like to use Tinkyada brown rice penne for this recipe)
- 8 oz Baby Bella or Cremini Mushrooms sliced
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes (dry, not in oil) soaked in hot water for 10-15 minutes, drain, and chop
- 2-3 cups baby spinach
- 3/4 cup RAW cashews (soak in water a few hours if you don't have a high-speed blender)
- 1 T nutritional yeast flakes
- 1 T fresh lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2-3/4 t salt start with 1/2 t and add more if needed
- red pepper flakes or black pepper
- In a large skillet, saute the mushrooms over medium-high heat for about 5 minutes.
- Add in the spinach and sun-dried tomatoes and cook another 5 minutes or until the spinach is tender. Add a tablespoon or 2 of water if needed to prevent sticking. Turn the heat to low.
- While you are cooking the veggies, begin cooking the pasta according to package directions. When finished, drain, and set aside.
- While pasta is cooking, make the sauce. Add the cashews, nutritional yeast flakes, lemon juice, garlic, water, and salt to a high-speed blender, and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Add the pasta and sauce to the cooked veggies and warm through. Serve!