Oil-Free Roasted Garlic Pepperoncini Hummus
This makes a LARGE batch of hummus. It is best when made with chickpeas previously cooked in the Instant Pot, but you can use canned.
- High-Speed Blender or Food Processor
- 4 1/2 cups homecooked chickpeas made in the Instant Pot or canned, reserving some of the liquid
- 6 T fresh lemon juice
- 6 roasted cloves of garlic*
- 1/2 cup pepperoncini (jarred) I use Jeff's Naturals (got them at Sprouts) or you can use some other brand of Pepperoncinis, along with some of the juice from jar
- 3 T raw tahini
- salt to taste
- Blend all in the Vitamix or other high-speed blender with a bit of the aquafaba (chickpea cooking liquid) until very smooth and a bit loose (as it will thicken in the fridge).
- * Cut the top of a head of garlic off, revealing each clove. Place in a square of foil, adding a few sprinkles of water on top. Wrap loosely in the foil, and roast at 375 degrees for 35-45 minutes. Squeeze cloves out and into your recipe.