Roasted Garlic Pepperoncini Hummus
This makes a LARGE batch of hummus, so if you want less, half the recipe.This recipe is best when made with chickpeas previously cooked in the Instant Pot then chilled, but you can also use canned.
- High-Speed Blender or Food Processor
- 4 1/2 cups cooled, homecooked chickpeas made in the Instant Pot or canned, reserving some of the liquid
- 6 T fresh lemon juice (or 3 T lemon juice and 3 T aquafaba for a less intense flavor)
- 6 roasted cloves of garlic*
- 1/2 cup pepperoncini (jarred) I use Jeff's Naturals (got them at Sprouts) or you can use some other brand of Pepperoncinis, along with some of the juice from jar
- 3 T raw tahini
- salt to taste
- Blend all in the Vitamix or other high-speed blender with a bit of the aquafaba (chickpea cooking liquid) until very smooth and a bit loose (as it will thicken in the fridge).
- * Cut the top of a head of garlic off, revealing each clove. Place in a square of foil, adding a few sprinkles of water on top. Wrap loosely in the foil, and roast at 375 degrees for 35-45 minutes. Squeeze cloves out and into your recipe.