Baked Zucchini Hash Browns
NOTE: You will need to place the bag of frozen hash browns in the refrigerator the night before you plan to bake this. You want them to be totally defrosted. [oil-free, gluten-free, vegan]
- 16- oz bag of frozen oil-free hash brown potatoes only ingredient potatoes, defrosted overnight and excess moisture squeezed out
- 2 large zucchini spiralized and roughly chopped if the strands are too long OR shredded (with the largest shredder disc/side
- 1/2 yellow onion sliced thinly
- 1-1 1/2 T Frontier Coop Pizza Seasoning (or other pizza or Italian seasoning)
- salt to taste
- diced avocado (optional)
- Cholula sauce (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Line a baking pan (with sides) with unbleached parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, toss all of the ingredients together well.
- Spread gently and evenly over the parchment paper-lined pan.
- Bake for around 30 minutes, until the tops and edges are brown and crispy.
- Serve immediately topped with avocado and Cholula sauce.
I have bags of frozen shredded zucchini? Do you know approximately how many cups of shredded zucchini?
You can use as much as you want! The more you use the less calorically dense the dish will be. Frozen isn’t the best to use because it’s very wet, but I would try to drain it off well before you start baking.
Frozen potato shreds aren’t sold here in the UK. Would freshly grated raw potato work?
Yes. You can use fresh, but you need to use them immediately otherwise they will turn brown quickly. I would have your zucchini shredded and your onion sliced first and all of your seasonings in the bowl, then shred the potatoes last.