Smoky Pinto Beans
- Pressure Cooker
- 1 lb of dry pinto beans soaked overnight (or use quick-soak method below) and rinsed well
- 1 yellow onion chopped
- 4 cloves of garlic minced
- 1-2 T Liquid Smoke
- salt to taste
- Enough water to cover the beans by 1.5 inches
- Add all ingredients into pressure cooker.
- Cook on pressure for 45 minutes with NATURAL RELEASE.
- Remove 1 cup of the beans and 1/4 cup of the cooking liquid. Blend until smooth in blender.
- Strain all of the beans, onions, and garlic into a bowl. Add in the blended beans and stir well. Add more of the cooking liquid to desired consistency and add salt to taste. Discard the rest of the cooking liquid.
- Put the dry (rinsed) beans in the Instant Pot with 1-inch of water, set the Instant Pot to saute, and boil the beans for 10 minutes. Turn off the Instant Pot, and let the beans soak another 1/2 hour to an hour. Drain off the water. Then, follow the instructions on the recipe.