- 1 cup of whole wheat whole wheat pastry, or spelt flour
- 1 cup of cornmeal fine ground
- 1 T baking powder
- pinch salt
- 1 cup plant-based milk
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 T tahini runny tahini is best! – optional, but makes the texture less dry
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees (or 375 convection).
- Stir the dry ingredients together.
- Add the wet ingredients and mix well.
- Pour batter into a nonstick 8×8″ square pan.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes until lightly browned and cracked on top.