Potato and Onion Casserole
[oil-free, gluten-free, vegan]
- 8-10 medium-sized v yellow Yukon Gold potatoes sliced into 1/8-inch slices (do not peel!)
- 1/2 yellow onion sliced thinly
- 1/4 t each of paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, and salt
- 1/8 t black pepper or more to taste
- 1/4 cup vegetable broth
- ketchup optional
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Mix spices together in a small bowl.
- Layer 1/3 of the onions on the bottom of an 8×8 casserole dish
- Layer 1/3 of the sliced potatoes on top of the onions.
- Sprinkle with 1/3 of the spice mixture.
- Make two more layers following the steps above.
- Pour the vegetable broth over the top of the potatoes gently, so as not to wash off the seasoning.
- Bake (uncovered) for about 40-55 minutes until the potatoes are tender (test with a fork) and the top is lightly browned. Serve warm with ketchup, if desired.