- Pressure Cooker
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 onion diced
- ½ cup red bell pepper
- 1 medium zucchini chopped (optional)
- 3 cloves of garlic
- One 15- oz can organic chopped tomatoes or use fire-roasted chopped tomatoes
- One 28- oz can organic crushed tomatoes
- One 15- oz can of organic black beans rinsed and drained
- One 15- oz can of organic pinto beans rinsed and drained
- 1 can of hominy rinsed and drained (optional)
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels thawed
- 1 small can of chopped green chiles
- 1 T cumin
- Salt to taste
- ¼-1/2 t Mrs. Dash’s Southwest Chipotle Seasoning
- 4 corn tortillas ripped into small pieces
- ½ cup avocado diced
- Extra baked oil-free corn tortilla chips or strips to garnish the top
- Steamfry onion, garlic, and bell pepper in soup pot until tender (adding a little veggie broth if needed).
- Add rest of veggie broth and tomatoes. Bring to a boil. Reduce to medium heat and add beans, zucchini (if using), hominy (if using), corn, green chiles, cumin, and Mrs. Dash seasoning. Add salt to taste. Add the ripped corn tortillas to the pot to thicken. Simmer for about 30 minutes
PRESSURE COOKER INSTRUCTIONS:
- In your electric pressure cooker, steamfry onions with a bit of broth or water for about 5 minutes on the BROWN or SAUTÉ setting.
- Add the rest of the ingredients into the pot (except the avocado) and stir to combine.
- Set the pressure manually to 6 minutes with QUICK RELEASE. Serve warm with avocado and oil-free baked corn tortilla chips or strips on top.