Sneaky Strawberry Banana Muffins
I always look for ways to make yummy food for my grandson that is packed with fruits, veggies, whole grains, and whole plant fats whenever possible. This is another recipe that packs a nutritional punch!
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup quick oats
- 1/2 cup quinoa flakes or you can use cooked and cooled quinoa
- 1 t baking powder
- 1/4 t baking soda
- 1/4 t salt
- 1 t cinnamon
- 1 cup frozen strawberries defrosted
- 3 small or 2 medium ripe bananas
- 1 carrot peeled and chopped into chunks
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 2 Medjool dates pitted
- 1/2 t vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, whisk together all of the dry ingredients, except the sugar.
- In the blender, add the strawberries, bananas, carrot chunks, coconut sugar, dates, and vanilla, and blend until very smooth.
- Mix the wet with the dry until combined. The mixture should be moist but thick. Spoon into non-stick muffin cups (I like USA Pan muffin pan the best!), and bake for about 20 minutes until firm to the touch, but springs back slightly.
Disclosure: Mrs. Plant makes use of Amazon.com affiliate links when they are available. These are products I have personally purchased and recommend based on my experience with them. Your use of these links for product purchases provides me with a commission which pays for the food and supplies I use to keep this website alive. However, your use of these links as a reader is not required.