Oil-Free Baked Eggplant Parmesan
Serve these crunch eggplant circles right from the oven over cooked pasta with oil-free marinara and plant-based parmesan! You can also just eat them alone dipped in marinara or ketchup!
Servings: 4 servings
- 1 med-large eggplant cut into 1/4" inch slices RIGHT BEFORE you are ready to coat them (or they will turn brown)
- 1 cup unsweetened plant-based milk (I prefer soy)
- 2 T ground flaxseeds
- 1 t white vinegar
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat bread crumbs (Recipe to come on how to make your own!)
- 1/2 t dry basil
- 1/2 t dry oregano
- 1/2 t dry parsley
- 1/4-1/2 t salt (or to taste)
- 1-3 dashes black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F
- Mix the plant-based milk with ground flaxseeds and vinegar and stir together. Set aside.
- In a shallow pie plate or container, mix together the breadcrumb coating ingredients. Set aside.
- Slice off the ends of the eggplant, then slice it into 1/4" even slices.
- One by one, dip into the milk mix mixture (use a separate fork to flip them over and coat well). Tap off on the side of the plate.
- Drop wet pieces into the breadcrumb coating, and use tongs or a clean fork to cover with coating. Tap off excess on the side of the plate, and place on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for about 30 minutes and check for tenderness and a crispy outer coating. If it's not crispy but lightly browning, just increase the oven temperature to 425 degrees for about 5-7 more minutes.
Disclosure: Mrs. Plant makes use of Amazon.com affiliate links when they are available. These are products I have personally purchased and recommend based on my experience with them. Your use of these links for product purchases provides me with a commission which pays for the food and supplies I use to keep this website alive. However, your use of these links as a reader is not required.