Honeynut Squash Casserole
This whole foods plant-based, oil-free recipe can be made with peeled and chopped Butternut squash as well, but the texture and sweetness of Honeynut squash is unmatched. If you can find it in the store (or grow it yourself), it is worth it! Honeynut squash is very small compared to a Butternut squash. Keep this in mind if you replace it.
- 2 Honeynut squash peeled, seeds removed, and chopped into 3/4" pieces
- 1 large Fuji or Honeycrisp apple peeled, cored, and chopped into 3/4" pieces
- 1/2 cup unsweetened, canned coconut WATER (a little more if the casserole gets dry)
- 1 medium shallot chopped finely
- 1 clove garlic crushed
- 1/4 t ground sage
- 1/4 t dried rosemary (I prefer the dried and chopped for this recipe)
- 1/8 t dried thyme
- 1/2 t salt
- 1/8 t black pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (or 400 degrees F convection)
- Place all chopped ingredients, herbs, spices, and coconut water into a casserole dish
- Mix thorough with a spoon
- Place in the oven (uncovered) for 30-40 minutes, stirring one time midway through. If you notice that the coconut water is completely evaporated, add a little more at this time.