Eggplant Sausage for Pizza
If you love the flavor of sausage, but you don't want to eat animal products or processed vegan mock meats, this topping for pizza is for YOU! Frontier Coop Pizza Seasoning is AMAZING on these!
- Eggplant (smaller eggplants work best for this because they are more tender and not bitter)
- Frontier Coop Pizza Seasoning (or other pizza seasoning that contains all of the sausage-y spices, like fennel or caraway)
- salt to taste
- avocado oil spray (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (375 degrees convection).
- Slice the eggplants into 1/4" thick small circles or half-moons. Lay on a parchment paper-lined tray.
- Sprinkle the pizza seasoning and salt (to taste) onto the eggplant sliced. If using the oil, lightly spray the seasoned slices.
- Air fry until shrunken some but not burned or too dry. After the first five minutes, check every couple of minutes to look for doneness. Remember, you will be baking these again on your pizza, so you don't want them to get too dry.
Disclosure: Mrs. Plant makes use of Amazon.com affiliate links when they are available. These are products I have personally purchased and recommend based on my experience with them. Your use of these links for product purchases provides me with a commission which pays for the food and supplies I use to keep this website alive. However, your use of these links as a reader is not required.