- 1 1/2 cups unbleached flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 t baking powder
- 1/4 t salt
- 1 cup non-dairy milk mixed with 1 t apple cider vinegar mixed in more milk to add if needed
- 2 t vanilla extract or cake batter extract
- 1 1/2 cups fresh ripe blackberries tossed in 2 T of sugar
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, add all of the dry ingredients and whisk together.
- Add the wet ingredients (not the berries yet). Stir well to combine. Add more non-dairy milk to get the batter to be thick but very moist. Shouldn’t be as thin as pancake batter or as thick as cookie dough…somewhere in between.
- Fold in the blackberries.
- Scoop batter into nonstick muffin cups or tin.
- Bake for 20 minutes and check for doneness.
- Makes 9 large or 12 small muffins.