Spinach Mushroom Potato Enchiladas with Salsa Verde Cashew Cream Sauce
Ingredients for Enchiladas
- 2 large garlic cloves crushed
- 16 oz. organic button mushrooms or baby bellas or a combination of both, chopped small
- 2 medium-sized organic russet or Yukon gold potatoes diced small, leave skins on (if desired)
- 16 oz. fresh organic spinach, chopped roughly
- 2 T Mexican seasoning I make the recipe from the PlantPure Nation cookbook and use it in this recipe
- 1 bag whole wheat tortillas 8-9 small tortillas
Prepare the Filling
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Toss potatoes in 1 T of the Mexican seasoning and bake on parchment paper for about 15 minutes until crispy on the outside and tender on the inside.
- While potatoes are baking, steamfry garlic over medium-high heat in 2 T of water for about a minute in a very large skillet.
- Add chopped mushrooms and cook for about 10 minutes, or until all of the moisture has cooked out.
- Add chopped spinach and cook until wilted (about 3 or 4 minutes).
- Add seasonings and salt.
- Stir everything well.
- Add the roasted potatoes into the skillet and combine well.
Prepare the Enchiladas
- If your tortillas are not super flexible, you can add 2 inches of water to a medium sauce pot and bring to a boil. Put a cooling rack on top (or you can use the rack from your toaster oven), and place a tortilla on the rack. Carefully steam one side. Pull the rack away before flipping to the other side to prevent burning your hand on the steam.
- Lay the steamed tortilla on a board or plate and place filling in a one-inch wide strip down the center.
- Roll the tortilla up and place in a 9×13 glass pan.
- Do this for each of the tortillas until you have used all of the filling and filled your pan.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Make the Sauce
- Make the Salsa Verde Cashew Cream Sauce and spread on top of the enchiladas.
- Cover the 9×13 pan of enchiladas with foil and bake for 30 minutes. Serve!
I made this last night. I didn’t have Verde Sauce and substituted with salsa. Delicious!!
You must make it again with the creamy salsa verde sauce!