Fall Quinoa Breakfast Bowl
Enjoy the flavors of fall in this high-protein, plant-based breakfast bowl!
- 1 cup quinoa rinsed well in a fine-mesh strainer
- 1-2 packets Sweet and Spicy or Chai Tea steeped in 1 1/2 cups boiling water
- 1/2 T sunflower or almond butter
- 1/4 t Ceylon Cinnamon
- 1/2 T coconut sugar optional
- nuts or dried fruit to top quinoa optional
- Steep 1-2 bag of the tea in 1 and 1/2 cups of water for 5 to 10 minutes.
- After rinsing well and draining quinoa for a few minutes, place in a medium saucepan with 1 1/2 cups of the steeped tea, nut/seed butter, and coconut sugar. Stir together well while you bring you bring it to a soft boil. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Uncover, fluff with a fork, and serve with nuts and/or dried fruit, if desired.