Almond Butter Chewy Granola Bars
These CLEAN chewy granola bars are the perfect snack or breakfast on a busy day.
Servings: 10 bars
- 1-2 silicone snack bars molds
- 2 1/2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 cup raw almonds roughly chopped
- 6 Medjool dates pitted
- 1/2 cup natural almond butter (no salt, oil, or sugar added)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2-4 T unsweetened soy milk or other plant-based milk
- 1/2 t salt
- 1 t cinnamon
- 1/2 cup fruit juice-sweetened dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place the oats and chopped almonds on a large baking pan (preferably with sides). Bake for 15 minutes until lightly browned. If your oven runs hot, keep an eye on them.
- While the oats and nuts are baking, place all of the rest of the ingredients (except the dried cranberries) in a food processor or blender. Start with only 2 T of the milk and add more if needed. You want a thick, sticky consistency, but one that will mix into the oats and almonds easily with a spoon.
- Stir the almond butter mixture into the dry ingredients and mix together well, making sure everything is coated as well as possible.
- Place the silicone snack bars mold on a metal baking sheet (I use a 1/4-sheet tray) because they are somewhat flimsy. They are made that way so that the bars are easy to remove when they are cool.
- Spoon the mixture into the compartments of the silicone snack bars mold and press down well with the back of a wooden spoon or something else that is hard and can help to compact the mixture into the mold. You can even use a piece of waxed paper or parchment paper.
- Place the tray into the freezer for 30-45 minutes. The bars should easily pop out after that time and can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator or freezer.
Silicone Snack Bar Molds – https://amzn.to/3KysVJt NOTE: As an Amazon Associate I earn commission from qualifying purchases.