Chocolate Peanut Butter Snack Bars
These DELICIOUS snack bars are a great alternative to store-bought, and they taste WAY better!
- 1 Silicone Snack Bar Mold See link below
- 1/4 cup WHITE quinoa See instructions below on how to toast the quinoa
- 1 1/2 cups puffed millet
- 2 T chia seeds
- 1 1/4 cups vegan chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup natural peanut butter
- 2 T agave
- 1/2 t salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted, dry-roasted peanuts
- 1/2 cup raisins
- Warm a nonstick skillet to medium-high heat.
- Add the quinoa into the pan. Every minute or so, move the quinoa around with a wooden spoon to lightly toast all sides. This will take a few minutes. When all pieces are lightly brown and toasted, add in the puffed millet and warm it for about 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove skillet from heat.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, add the chocolate chips and melt them on power 7 (or using your "melt chocolate" option on your microwave) until smooth and creamy. This should only take 2-3 minutes. Stir in the peanut butter, agave, and salt.
- While the chocolate chips are melting, add the toasted quinoa, puffed millet, chia seeds, peanuts, and raisins into a large mixing bowl.
- Stir the smooth and creamy chocolate peanut butter mixture into the dry ingredients and mix together well, making sure everything is coated as well as possible.
- Place the silicone snack bars mold on a metal baking sheet (I use a 1/4-sheet tray) because they are somewhat flimsy. They are made that way so that the bars are easy to remove when they are cool.
- Spoon the mixture into the compartments of the silicone snack bars mold and press down well with the back of a wooden spoon or something else that is hard and can help to compact the mixture into the mold. You can even use a piece of waxed paper or parchment paper.
- Place the tray into the freezer for 30-45 minutes. The bars should easily pop out after that time and can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator or freezer.
Silicone Snack Bar Molds – https://amzn.to/3KysVJt NOTE: As an Amazon Associate I earn commission from qualifying purchases.