MILD Crispy Buffalo Cauliflower
I'm not a huge lover of super spicy Buffalo cauliflower. So, I thought of the idea of mixing a few tablespoons of Frank's Red Hot into my cauliflower batter to make it mildly spicy but not crazy hot like when you use the sauce over it. Topped with panko bread crumbs, they're super crispy and delicious! The best ranch dressing for dipping these in comes from Plantiful Kiki. It's the best healthy, vegan ranch I've ever had! Recipe for Kiki's vegan ranch dressing >> https://plantifulkiki.com/ranch-dressingIMPORTANT: Make the dressing at least 4-6 hours ahead of time so you can chill it in the refrigerator before you serve the meal.
- 1 large head cauliflower cut into small florets, rinse with water, then allow to dry well before making the recipe
- 2-4 T Frank's Red Hot Sauce
- 1 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1/2 t garlic powder
- 1/4 t salt
- 1/2 cup Panko bread crumbs
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees or 425 convection
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, add the flour, hot sauce, garlic powder, and garlic powder. Slowly mix in water (1/4 cup at a time) until you reach the consistency of pancake batter.
- In batches (about 6-10 florets at a time), mix the florets in the batter until the are fully coated. Remove each piece, one at a time, tapping it on the side of the bowl to allow excess batter to drip back into the bowl. Place pieces on parchment paper-lined or silicone mat-lined baking sheet (with sides).
- Sprinkle Panko breadcrumbs carefully over the tops of each coated floret.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes, watching them closely to make sure they're not burning. You want them crispy but not burned. If need be, reduce the heat to 400 degrees if you feel like they are getting too brown too fast. After 20 minutes, insert a fork in one of the largest florets to see if it's just tender in the center. If not, let it bake another 5 minutes and check again. They shouldn't take more than 30 minutes to be done.
- Serve with ranch dressing!
The best ranch dressing for dipping these in comes from Plantiful Kiki. It’s the best healthy, vegan ranch I’ve ever had! Recipe for Kiki’s vegan ranch dressing >> https://plantifulkiki.com/ranch-dressing IMPORTANT: Make the dressing at least 4-6 hours ahead of time so you can chill it in the refrigerator before you serve the meal.