Makes 1-quart jar
- High-Speed Blender
- Two 14-oz cans fire-roasted organic diced tomatoes salt-free, if desired
- ½ small sweet onion chopped into quarters
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 jalapeno seeded (leave a few seeds if you want it spicy!) OR 1 T. chili in adobo sauce (for a smoky spicy flavor!)
- 1 T agave nectar, maple syrup, or date syrup
- ½ t salt
- 1 t cumin
- medium handful Cilantro – no big stems
- 2 T lime juice
- Put all ingredients in the blender EXCEPT the tomatoes. run on low until everything is chopped well. Then, add the tomatoes and PULSE a few times until the desired consistency is achieved. DO NOT blend.
This Salsa Fresca CAN be made salt and sweetener-free, if desired. It will taste different, but if you are already SOS-free, you will like it regardless!