Garlicky Spinach Alfredo Pizza with Smoky Mushrooms
This pizza can be made with my Homemade Oil-Free Pizza Dough and topped with my Vegan Parmesan Cheese, or use any you like!
- 8 oz baby bella mushrooms sliced
- 1 T liquid smoke
- 1 T lite soy sauce
- 1/2 lb about 1/2 bag of frozen spinach
- 1/2 cup raw cashews soaked for 4 hours if you don’t have a high-speed blender
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 small or 1 large clove of garlic
- 1 T nutritional yeast flakes
- 1/4 t sea salt
- homemade oil-free pizza dough or any other crust you like!
- vegan parmesan cheese (optional)
- Place mushrooms in a skillet with the liquid smoke and soy sauce. Cook them for about 5-10 minutes, so the sauces can be absorbed. Drain off excess liquid. Set aside.
- While your mushrooms are cooking, add the cashews, 1/2 cup of water, garlic, nutritional yeast flakes, and salt to your cup blender and blend until smooth and creamy. Place spinach in a plastic bowl and microwave for 3 minutes. Let cool for a couple of minutes and pour off any excess liquid. Add sauce to the spinach. Stir to combine. Set aside.
- Prepare your dough on your pizza pans. We have these personal-sized, nonstick pans that we really like! Top with the alfredo spinach. Add mushrooms to the top and bake at 525 degrees until the edges of the dough are browned and crispy (about 13 minutes). Cut and serve with vegan parmesan cheese.