Smoky Roasted Vegetables Cheese Sauce
This richly flavored plant-based cheese sauce is low in fat, gluten-free, and dairy-free! It is fantastic used on an enchilada casserole or drizzled on nachos. Great way to get more veggies in!
- High-Speed Blender
- 1 very small onion chopped
- 1 carrot washed and unpeeled, chopped
- 1 cup Butternut squash peeled and diced (or use a cup of frozen)
- 1 large Yukon Gold potato peeled and chopped
- 1/4 red bell pepper chopped into 4 pieces
- 1/2 cup orange grape tomatoes which needed to be used up!
- 3 cloves of garlic leave in husk
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast flakes
- 1 t salt
- 1 t liquid smoke
- 1/4 t chipotle pepper
- 1/8 t cumin
- 1 1/2 cups water more if needed
- Place the above vegetables on a parchment paper-lined baking tray with sides.
- Roast for about 25 minutes (check at 20 minutes to see if the potatoes, carrots, and squash are fork tender).
- Then, add the roasted veggies to the Vitamix with the nutritional yeast flakes, salt, liquid smoke, chipotle pepper, cumin, and water.
- Blend until smooth and creamy!