Aloo Gobi (Indian Potatoes and Cauliflower)
Who says you can't make Indian food without oil??!?! This Aloo Gobi (Indian Potatoes and Cauliflower) was made by my amazing husband!
- 4 cups of cauliflower cut into small florets
- 4 medium potatoes cubed into bite-sized pieces
- 1 inch ginger grated
- 2 T coriander powder
- 1/2 t turmeric
- ¼-1/2 t ground cayenne or Indian red chili pepper
- 6 T water
- ¼ cup veggie broth
- 1 t cumin seeds
- 1 t salt (to taste or optional)
- ¼ cup freshly chopped cilantro
- ¼ cup chopped tomatoes
- 1/2 cup water as needed
- In a small bowl, mix the grated ginger, coriander powder, cayenne pepper, turmeric, and 3 tablespoons of water to make a paste.
- Heat the veggie broth in a large pot.
- Add cumin seeds and stir for a few seconds.
- Next, add the spice paste and stir for a minute until spices are combined.
- Add cauliflower, potatoes, 2 tablespoons of water and salt. Mix well. Cover the pot and let it cook on medium heat for about 15 to 20 minutes until the vegetables are tender. Make sure to stir gently every 3 to 4 minutes. If there is too much liquid, remove the cover to let some steam out.
- Lastly, add the freshly chopped cilantro and chopped tomatoes. Mix everything and cover for a minute. Adjust the salt to your taste.