Blondies from Heaven
- 8 Medjool dates pitted
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup aquafaba (liquid from can of chickpeas)
- 1/2 cup cooked chickpeas
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 t vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup vegan chocolate chips (non-dairy)
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a high-speed blender, blend the dates, maple syrup, aquafaba, chickpeas, water, and vanilla extract. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine almond flour, whole wheat flours, baking powder, and salt. Add wet ingredients from the blender and stir well to combine. The consistency should be like chocolate chip cookie dough. Add the chocolate chips and walnuts and stir to combine. Spread mixture in a parchment paper-lined 8" square metal pan. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until lightly brown on top and a little firm (but bounces back) when you press the top. Remove from oven and cool before cutting into squares.
I made these tonight. They are fantastic!! Thank you!
So glad you liked them!!!