Kale and Veggie Dehydrated Crackers
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 1 bunch kale leaves removed from stems
- 4 vine-ripened organic tomatoes cut into quarters
- 1 red bell pepper remove pod and stem and cut into quarters
- 1 organic carrot shredded
- 3 T ground flax seeds
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast flakes
- 1/2 t garlic powder
- splash of unsweetened plant-based milk
- salt to taste
- Take out a large bowl and set aside.
- In a food processor, grind the walnuts into very small pieces. Place in the large bowl.
- In batches, process the kale leaves, tomatoes, and red bell pepper into tiny pieces, then place into the large bowl.
- Add the shredded carrots, ground flax seeds, nutritional yeast flakes, garlic powder, plant-based milk, and salt (start with 1/4 t and add as you mix and taste).
- Stir all ingredients together well.
- Split the batch onto two trays lined with non-stick liner or parchment paper and smooth out the mixture evenly to about 1/2″ thick.
- Dehydrate at 135 degrees until crispy (can take anywhere from 8-12 hours or more). Flip them over and dehydrate for 1 extra hour to make sure they are completely dried and crispy before storing in an air-tight container.
NOTE: If you want these to be 100% raw, it will take longer. Simply dehydrate at 115-119 degrees instead.