Cheesy Sweet Potato and Kale Casserole
This is a delicious way to get kale into your diet!
- Pressure Cooker
- 3 lbs sweet potatoes peeled and cut into 1" cubes
- 1 bunch of curly kale leaves chopped small — dry in salad spinner or place in fridge for an hour to dry before adding to recipe
- 1/2 cup slivered blanched almonds (soaked in water for at least 30 minutes beforehand)
- 2 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup unsweetened non-dairy milk (soy milk is the creamiest)
- 1 T white or yellow miso paste
- 1 t garlic powder
- 1 t onion powder
- 1/4 t black pepper
- 1/2-3/4 t salt (or more to taste)
- Variation: See note below
- Blend all of the sauce ingredients in a blender until smooth in a high-speed blender.
- Layer the sweet potato chunks and kale in the pressure cooker pot. Pour sauce over everything and stir well. Cook on high pressure for 5 minutes with QUICK RELEASE. If sweet potatoes aren’t perfectly tender, close the top and leave in to cook just a minute or two more. Do not reset the pressure cooker or the potatoes will turn to mush.
- NOTE: If the sauce seems too thin, that means your kale was too wet. Simply turn on the saute feature of your Instant Pot for a minute or so, stirring gently, until the sauce thickens a bit. Serve!