Vegan Bacon Bits
One (1) Tablespoon of these yummy vegan bacon bits only adds 20 calories to your baked potato or salad.
Servings: 16 Tablespoons
- 2 t salt
- 4 T boiling water
- 2 T liquid smoke
- 1 C dry TVP (texturized vegetable protein) granules like Bob’s Red Mill brand
- Whisk together the salt and water, until salt is fully dissolved.
- Add liquid smoke and mix.
- Add TVP and stir well to distribute liquid evenly, until all liquid has been absorbed.
- Spread on a baking sheet and bake at 250°, stirring frequently to prevent burning, for 15 minutes or until fully dehydrated and crispy.
- Allow to cool fully and store in an airtight container