Blueberry Baked Oatmeal Squares
I hate messing up a lot of bowls, dishes, and pans! This recipe will make FOUR breakfast servings, and it's made RIGHT IN THE BAKING DISH! Also, it is nutrient-dense with oats (for healthy fat and soluable fiber), blueberries (for vitamins and anxtioxidants, as well as fiber and natural sweetness), ground flaxseed (a healthy fat for Omega 3 fatty acids, fiber, and cancer-fighting lignans), Ceylon cinnamon (to reduce blood glucose levels), and organic unsweetened soy milk (for a clean source of soy protein). If you'd prefer to use dates or date paste for the additional sweetener, know that the texture won't be the same. You'd probably need to add more plant-based milk. To Reheat: Place a square on a dish in the microwave and cook for 1 min and 20 seconds each day!
Servings: 4 servings
- 2 cups organic rolled oats
- 2 T ground flaxseeds
- 1/4 cup coconut flakes optional (If you like it crunchier, only place the coconut on the top of the oatmeal instead of mixing it in)
- 1 t Ceylon cinnamon
- 1/4 t ground cardamom optional
- 1/4 t salt
- 2 cups frozen blueberries
- 1/4 cup maple syrup or agave or other liquid sweetener
- 2 1/4 cup organic unsweetened soy milk (or other plant-based milk)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place ingredients evenly over the surface of an 8×8 square glass baking dish in order stated above. Then, gently stir all of the ingredients in the dish together well.
- Place the dish in the microwave on 3 minutes on high to bring the temperature of the mixture up a bit.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, depending on how dry you want your oatmeal. Let cool a few minutes before cutting into 4 square servings.
You can also include chopped walnuts or almonds into this dish instead of or along with the coconut flakes.