Baked Zucchini Corn Fritters
These Baked Zucchini Corn Fritters are completely oil-free and delicious! Serve with my Spicy Cashew Ranch Dressing or other creamy dressing or sauce.
Servings: 20 fritters
- Baking Sheet Lined with Parchment Paper
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 T brown rice flour
- 1 t baking powder
- 1/2-3/4 t salt more or less to taste
- 1/8 t black pepper more or less to taste
- 3 dashes cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1 t garlic powder
- 1 t nutritional yeast flakes
- 1/2 t dried dill
- 1/2 t dried oregano
- 1/2 t paprika
- 6 small zucchini grated
- 1 cup frozen corn defrosted
- 1 flax egg– 1 T ground flaxseed mixed with 2 1/2 T water
- unsweetened plain soy milk enough to moisten the mixture and create a batter (about 1/4-1/2 cup)
- green onions chopped
- Spicy Cashew Ranch Dressing — See link to recipe above
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F CONVECTION or 400 degrees F.
- Mix dry ingredients together well in a small bowl.
- Place shredded zucchini and defrosted corn into a large bowl.
- Add in the dry mixture plus 1/4 cup of the soy milk. Mix with a large spoon. If needed keep adding small amounts of soy milk to incorporate the dry ingredients with the wet–just until a thick batter is formed.
- Scoop 2 tablespoons of batter onto parchment paper-lined baking sheet and flatten into patties with a spoon. Continue until all batter is used.
- Bake for 30 minutes, then check to see if you can easily flip the patties over with a small metal spatula. If they are stills ticky, bake them 5-10 minutes more. Once you are able to easily flip them, bake another 10-15 minutes until golden brown and firm. Time will vary based on the moisture in your batter.
- Serve warm garnished with chopped green onions and dressing to dip them in.