Creamy Pesto Sauce
This sauce is amazing on any kind of pasta, over plant-based ravioli or gnocchi, and even as a base for pizza! This sauce freezes beautifully! I make many batches all summer as I harvest my basil.
- High-Speed Cup Blender
- 2 cups fresh basil leaves
- 2 T fresh or frozen (fresh) lemon juice
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 1/2 t chia seeds
- 1/2 t salt
- 1 garlic clove (one large or 2 small if you want it really garlicky)
- 1/4 cup UNSWEETENED plant-based milk (I like soy milk the best for this recipe)
- Put all ingredients in the cup blender and blend until creamy and smooth!
To Freeze, place in a small container and place in your freezer. To defrost, put in the refrigerator the night before you plan to use it.